Friday, April 4, 2014

Master Studies

I love Leonardo da Vinci and his work, he's fantastic, he's left-handed (which I can sympathize with) and just a genius. In the old academy systems the students started by drawing the prints or drawings (etc.) of the masters I've been doing quick studies from one of da Vinci's sketches to follow suit.

I forgot to take a picture of the sketch I've been drawing and I can't find it online so maybe I can do that later.

I've drawn it three times in a week, mostly pretty quick studies.

This was my first attempt, I may have spent more time on this one, I'm not sure.

This was the second, a few days later. It was a much quicker sketch, also the nose is really bad.

This is the one that I did today and it probably was a length of time in between the other two. The nose is even worse but the mouth and eyes might be a bit better.

It's a process. Anyway, here are some other things I've been working on this week. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment