Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Here's to those who teach art, especially to children, I may not agree with all their ideas or theories but I have come to decide that I just can't do it. I had the opportunity to teach an art project to a few groups of children. I'm sure it's part me and my lack of experience (my projects may have been more than the age groups could handle), but I really love art and I take it very seriously, I also have views that differ from a lot of people. With this project I had come up with these kids, based on some of what I do, it felt a lot like casting pearls before swine. In each class there were a few who went to work and did good with the projects and I suppose it should be worth it just for them, but the rest, it felt like we were wasting their time and mine. It makes me sad to think that that's the world these kids are growing up in.
Here's to the kids that got it though. Bless their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment