Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Tools of the trade

Today we're talking about modern good of the trade, nothing da Vinci etc. worried about. Today we live in the digital age where we can take and share hundreds and thousands of pictures all the time and that can be a real help in the art world.
I mostly take photos of my own work.

I use a Samsung point and shoot, it's not an amazing camera but it's pretty effective. I have a very crude set up and no real photographic trading. I general use natural light, lay my work on the floor (not directly) shoot several photos from above and try to get a variety of angles.
Then next step is to upload the photos to my computer and crop them using a free program called Irfanview. I also sometimes use Corel paintshop pro when I want to polish my images a bit more.
I have on ocassion had professional images taken and I've gone to David Hawkinson for that, he does a really good job and I believe his rates are reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment