Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Walt Disney

Anyone else see the American Masters program on Walt Disney? I was able to catch most of it. Whether you like him or no, there's no doubt that Walt Disney has been incredibly influential. I grew up with Disney and so it was very interesting for me to learn more about the man behind it all and also to take a grown up and different look at things that I've previously looked at with childish eyes.

There have been full length animated movies my entire life and so it was very interesting to learn just how much Disney made animation what it is today, how much he changed it from a simplistic (sort of) entertainment, to a real art form and paving the way for such artists as Miyazaki, etc. I want to go back and re-watch things like Snow White etc. to really appreciate the visual splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment